Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Friday, July 14, 2006

Why you should never rely on your cell phone camera

So the last couple of business trips I took, I totally forgot my real camera. That shouldn't matter, I have a handy dandy cell phone with a fancy camera that zooms in. With that idiotic thought in mind, I now present the only two salvageable pics from the camera. What a craptastic travelogue:


Denver's capitol building, in all its scaffolded glory, from the main downtown shopping drag, 16th Street. I was not impressed with anything there. Please note that there is a lot of construction stuff in the foreground of the shot. You can't really see it with the fuzz, but it was there. Also, it was too damn hot to bother walking any closer to the building. That's why I'm approximately half a mile away.


In Detroit's airport, there is a crazy red bullet train thing. You were allowed to ride it between gates, but I was afraid to simply because the thing looked like it was riding unsupported in the air. I paid the ultimate price for my cowardice, when my trip down to the Quiznos in ill-advised shoes ended with a tragic blister on my left pinkie toe. This picture looks much crisper than the Denver one. I must have been drunk on the Coors or something.

The moral of the story? Bring your damn camera.

3 Comments:

  • You were in Denver and didn't say hi? I'm hurt!

    By Blogger Howard, at 2:14 PM  

  • I didn't get to do anything while I was there. I was so scheduled out at a conference, that the spare moments I had to myself outside of the hotel were spent walking the 16th Street Mall, searching for a spare cell phone charger. Do the locals hang out there? I felt like it was a lot of teenagers, tourists and convention center attendees. Next time I'm there I hope to do something outdoorsy and see Molly Brown's house.

    By Blogger kristen, at 2:43 PM  

  • Well, the people you mentioned hang out on the 16th Street Mall. :)

    By Blogger Howard, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home