Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Monday, October 17, 2005

Mama Said Knock You Out

My good friend Ted just sent me this awesomely bad news that Rocky VI is in pre-production. I had heard about this, but I was cautiously pessimistic about this coming to pass. Now that it's here, I can't wait to see the elderly Italian Stallion hocking his pugilistic wares again onscreen. I'm going to hazard a guess that subplots will include bureaucratic Medicare nightmares, an inspirational trip to Paulie's nursing home, and a stint as the AARP's spokesfighter. If enough of us go on opening weekend, I think he might be able to make a space epic next. Maybe Rocky goes to Mars with Paulie's cryogenically preserved then reanimated (in the second act) head in a jar, still making insensitive comments and Philariffic wisecracks. Rock is determined to open up a gym on Mars, cause the colonists wouldn't know good boxing from terraforming. Can he prove he's got what it takes to shape up the galaxy? Will Apollo Creed's grandson consent to become his number one pupil? And will Paulie shut up already? Find out what's in store for Balboa in Rocky VII: Intergalactic, Alive and Kicking (Really).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home