Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Friday, July 14, 2006

Ribbon backlash begins in earnest!

I've been annoyed about those ribbons on the back of cars for a long time, but I think the worm is turning. Driving through Roxborough the other day, I saw a great Fibbon(TM)*.


It's difficult to see the writing, but I have "enhanced" the image for your enjoyment. While this is a great development, the fact that the same car is rocking an autism ribbon at the same time makes it a bit of a hollow victory. Now that I look at it more closely, it's clear that with not one but TWO magnetic sports decals fighting the ribbons for your attention on the trunk, it may be time for an intervention. I'll keep my eyes open for more of these and report back with creepy cell phone pics whenever possible.

*Fibbon is Abbondanzese for Faux or Fake Ribbon; a ribbon designed to make you laugh, not change the world.

1 Comments:

  • Support pimpin'? Omigod. Beautiful. I'm going to have to check the local sea of ribbons here in DC for ones like that! I've seen rusty rightwing cars here that are, quite possibly, held together with magnetic ribbons. (This phenomenon usually goes hand-in-hand with a tattered, door-mounted Redskins flag flown over the car 365 days a year...) Yeah, I just love DC.

    By Blogger Merujo, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home