Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cell Phone Photojournalism - Music Edition

I just got some cool little microdisc whooseywhatsey that allows me to download the photos on my cell phone easily to my new laptop. Here are some of the highlights of recent shows.

 

This photo shows the soundboard guy at the Crowded House/Pete Yorn/Liam Finn show this past Friday. I can only imagine he is thinking that Pete Yorn has too many damn guitars in his little band. It was seriously like Spinal Tap at Live Earth, but way less awesome or necessary. Less is more sometimes. Except when you play 'Suspicious Minds' as your closer. Crowded House was so great that I didn't have the thought to take a picture of them. Sorry guys - good show though!

 

This is from the July Police show at Citizens Bank Park. It was much better than I, or Mr. Stewart Copeland himself for that matter, ever thought it would be. I embarrassed Spencer by laughing uncontrollably at the unintentionally hilarious visualizations of T-Rex skeletons during the 'Walking in Your Shoes' song. I'm simply incorrigible. UPDATE: It has been pointed out to me that the song is actually 'Walking in Your Footsteps'. Yeah, okay, whatever. The flexing fossils were still dumb-looking.

 

This was the opening act for Michael Penn at World Cafe Live in April or May. I liked this band, The Last Town Chorus, and they knew how to rock a slide guitar. I tried to take video of Michael, but I had the wrong setting going so I didn't get anything at all. He was awesome though, as always.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • "...way less awesome or necessary" - teehee.

    I think the T-Rex would have cracked me up too. Cool picture, although a bit vertigo-inducing!

    Regarding last photo: April 27, 2007. The scary thing - I didn't even have to look that up.

    By Blogger Cyn, at 9:04 AM  

  • It won't really have effect, I consider like this.
    hot yoga calgary | Toronto homes for sale | real estate Florida

    By Anonymous Collin, at 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home