Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Santorum's Carefully Considered Response to My E-mail

So I wrote to my senators and congressman to express my frustration with the legislature's inability to censure the President over his illegal and troubling wiretap program in January. Arlen Specter wrote back to me relatively quickly, with a longish e-mail that actually went into details of his thoughts on the matter. The Congressman never writes back, so I didn't expect anything. Santorum was mum on the topic until this very morning, when I got this detailed e-mail that showed me how important it was for him to respond to the actual message I sent him.

Dear Lady Voter:

Thank you for contacting me regarding President George W. Bush. I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me, and I will be sure to keep them in mind as I undertake my responsibilities as your United States Senator. During the 109th Congress, a multitude of diverse issues will be considered and debated by the Senate. I look forward to continuing to work on issues of importance to our Commonwealth.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance with this or any other matter, please feel free to call on me again.

Sincerely,
Rick Santorum
United States Senate


That's it?!? This is the man who sent me a four-page long white paper during the Elian Gonzales saga (did I mention that I write to elected officials all the time in the idiotic hope that they will listen?). So Elian was a hotter topic than an outrageous violation of our constitution? He was more inspired to act by a Cuban custody issue rather than the President cutting the other branches of government out of the process completely? Great job, Rick. I don't know why you even bothered to write.

Now that all that unpleasantness is behind him, Rick can get back to his regular agenda of spewing bigotry and being a righteous tool in the name of the Religious Right's true god: power-mad, hypocritical intolerance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home