Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Friday, January 13, 2006

'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy

I was singing along to my iPod today on the way to work and had one of those out of body experiences. I was able to hear myself singing along to Kenny Loggin's masterwork "I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man)" [AKA the song that plays while the camera spins around during the credit sequence to Footloose]. Don't judge me. That's a good effin' record.

Anyhoo, after a few verses I realized that I was singing garbage lyrics that make no sense whatsoever. To wit, here are what I THOUGHT the lyrics were and what I just found online. How shameful. Please excuse the gap below. I managed a table, but I can't figure out how to bring it back up here.








Kenny’s Original


Kristen’s Rendition

Looking into your eyes I know I'm right
If there's anything worth my love it's worth a fight
We only get one chance
But nothing ties our hands
You're what I want
Listen to me
Nothing I want
Is out of my reach

Chorus
(I'M FREE)
HEAVEN HELPS THE MAN who fights his fear
Love's the only thing that keeps me here
You're the reason that I'm hanging on
My heart's staying where my heart belongs
(I'M FREE)

Running away will never make me free
And nothing we sign is any kind of guarantee
But I wanna hold you now
And I won't hold you down

I'm shaking the past
Making my breaks
Taking control
If that's what it takes
Looking into your eyes I know I'm right
Said it wasn’t worth my love, it’s worth a fight
You only get one chance
Love can tie your hands
Know what I want
Listen to me
Not want I want
Get out of my teeth

Chorus
(I'M FREE)
HEAVEN HELPS THE MAN who finds his film
Love's the only thing that beats the streets
No good reason have I held it on
My hot ceiling’s where my heart belongs
(I'M FREE)

Running away will never may your key
Living in silence has no
guarantee
But I wanna hold you now
I won't hold him down

Shaking a pass
Taking a break
Taking control
That's what he takes

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home