Abbondanza!
for when you don't know what else to say

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Heart Ben Franklin

I heart Ben Franklin. I went to the university he founded. I live in the city where he did most of his righteous work (click here for rockin' pics). I love that he was a tubby ladies man with a bitchy wit to match. I like that he enjoyed publishing gossip in his papers.

That Armonica thing rules. And I have often addressed his statues on Penn's campus in times of reflection (and revelry). I have been to his museum in Philly, addressed a letter in his post office, visited his "gout" chair, joked around with his impersonator, and even picked up the fake phones at his underground lair to chat with Marie Antoinette and Lafayette.

You can bet your sweet ass I'll check out his new museum in London.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home